Entry 6: Karaoke - A Siren's song to other Dimensions ~ Alternate Reality... TV shows

I was sitting in a smoky lavender bar at a table with two friends during karaoke time. As I don't particularly enjoy singing in public, I was content merely having a cocktail while silently judging to myself the calvacade of lousy singers. During the midst of all the cacophony, I was greeted by my best friend who just happened to be the host of karaoke night - a powerhouse of boisterous energy contained in a small round body; the reigning queen of the night ruling supreme over her adoring androphilic subjects. She looked at me with a knowing expressing, her tiny nut brown eyes twinkling and smirk etched upon her face. She slid a blank white ticket upon the table. At first I thought it was a karaoke song request slip; a passive aggressive suggestion for me to sing something. As soon as I touched the ticket,a dimensional wormhole swirling electric pink and purple formed around me and I dissapeared.

I found myself in a Japanese gameshow. Though dazed and confused, I recongnized and understood the language. The announcer asked if a recognized a song that was about to played over the speakers. A gorgeous Japanese lady in a magenta miniskirt came with with two containers. Apparently the contained soundtracks to one of my favorite anime series and was to be my prized if I guessed correctly. The song was also on one of the cds in the set. My excitement soon become anxiety because I could not think of the song title. After several seconds of drawing a blank, the buzzer sounded signaling that my time was up. I wondered if there would be a consolation prize or, as with most Japanese games shows, I would be given some sadistic punishment. Before I could find out, the wormhole appeared and I vanished.

Next I found myself in a very sketchy menacing looking neighborhood. There was an earpice in my ear and an unknown voice commanded me to run. I asked why and where to but I did not receive an answer. I kept running straight ahead making no turns so I wouldn't get lost. Then from behind I heard distant barking, yelling and gunshots. I looked behind and saw a crowd of stereotypical thugs who carried firearms and leashed pitbulls. They were in close pursuit so I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Finally Imade it to an abandoned wrecked old car; in the backseat contained bags of money. "Was this my prize?" I thought. Before I could hear an answer, I disappeared again.

Next I appeared in a pristine all white painted and decorated upscale hair salon. To my right sat 3 people on platform behind a table - I assumed they were judges. One was a thick older effeminate black guy, the second was gorgeous Hispanic looking drag queen, and the third was a middle aged attractive white woman with blonde pixie cut hair. Seated in front of my was a lovely black girl with long small and tightly braided hair. The announcer (who looked like Rupaul as a man) gave me the challenge which was to create a new innovative style for her braided hair. I could tell that the young lady was apprehensive and the judges sat stoically while occassionally exchanging quick bitchy remarks amongst each other. I nervously take her braids out of a rubberband which kept them in a ponytail. I had a basic idea in my mind but I wondered if I would be good enough to impress everyone. I took the girl's hair in my hand......

No comments:

Post a Comment